Monday, May 4, 2015

Review: Tosowoong Propolis Natural Pure Lotion

Contents of this post:
  • Product claims
  • Review
  • Product pictures and description
  • Ingredients list
  • Where to buy
  • Upcoming Reviews
  • Next on the schedule



Product Claims:
According to the Tosowoong website, the Propolis Natural Pure Lotion is effective for boosting skin elasticity and has anti-aging benefits. Propolis is emphasized to be suitable for sensitive skin and provides moisture/nutrition.


Review:
Tosowoong products have popped up a few times in Memboxes, but have relatively few reviews. I chose this product to review it ~in the name of science!~ and because Propolis is meant to be moisturizing, good for sensitive skin, antibacterial, and promotes healing. Who doesn't love honey, royal jelly, and propolis? To top it off, it contains 10 berry extracts AND fermented yeast.

My face is sensitive, as in it will get itchy red bumps in spots where I touch it with semi-dirty fingers. Very windy days and pollen flying everywhere will guarantee itchy spots all over. One day I decided to throw some Tosowoong Proplis Lotion on those spots and to my amazement, it calmed my skin down immediately! I finally finished testing a product (review to come!), and excitedly smothered the product all over my face. Unfortunately, I have come to learn that my skin does not like fermented yeast. The next morning, there was an eruption of whiteheads and red-pimples-to-be. Other products containing fermented yeast (I'm looking at your Missha FTE) has caused little red bumps and irritation to erupt all over my face, but I was in denial. Both times, I took the offending products out of my routine and my face calmed down immediately.

I tested the Tosowoong lotion for two weeks and have come to the conclusion that I cannot use it, at least not as a moisturizer. I am curious to test whether I can use this as a spot treatment without the potential outbreaks!

I do recommend this product because it is calming and can be used as a light moisturizer in the morning. However, if you have a sensitivity like I do to fermented yeast products... AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Rating: 1/5 - I really wanted to like it, but alas it was not meant to be.


Product Pictures and Description:
The Tosowoong Propolis Lotion is completely unscented and has the texture of a gel-cream. It rubs in easily and leaves no sticky/greasy feeling. It actually made my face feel moisturized and soft after application.
One pump of product
Slightly rubbed in.


Completely rubbed in.


Ingredients List: 
Propolis Extract (65%), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearates, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Purified Water, RH-oligopeptide-1, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Betaine, Deimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Adenosine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Honey Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Blackberry Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Raspberry Extract, Strawberry Extract, Bilberry Extract, Cranberry Extract, Aronia Berry Extract, Juniperus Communis Fruit Extract, Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Blueberry Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA

According to CosDNA, Tosowoong Propolis Lotion contains two ingredients that scored a 2 or higher (highlighted in red),

Cetearyl Alcohol is a fatty alcohol that should be avoided by those who break out from it.

Stearic Acid is a fatty acid that could also be a potential acne trigger for some.

On the other hand, the lotion contains some great stuff such as Propolis, EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor), fermented yeast, Adenosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, honey, royal jelly, antioxidants, and lots of anti-inflammatory berry extracts!


Where to Buy: 
I bought it from Tosowoong's ebay page through a bid for $9.40, but can also be purchased from their page for $28.00 without bidding. A cheaper alternative is RoseRoseShop for $12.29 + shipping,


Upcoming Reviews:
I have just about finished testing some products and will be putting out reviews for them soon!
  • Laneige Clear-C Advanced Effector
  • O'slee Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III
  • Hadalabo Retinol 3D

Next on the schedule:
These are products I have just started testing or will be starting testing on.
  • Meishoku DET Clear Bright & Peel AHA & BHA Peeling Jelly
  • Theyul Special Program 5-piece Set (Toner, lotion, essence, cream, and eye cream)
  • Nature Republic Natural Vitamin Facial Mist in Vitamin C
A peek at the gorgeous Theyul Special Program set ◕‿◕

1 comment: